SLIDER

Wednesday Wishlist: Rainy Day Edition

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I've been bleaching and dying my hair all day long, so I thought it was a perfect time to try out a new blog theme! Ever since I booked my trip to Portland, Oregon, I've been looking all over at different cozy things to wear in gloomy and rainy weather. I love rainy gray weather no matter the season, but living in California most of my life has made it nearly pointless to stock up on rainy weather gear. If the trip goes well, I'll be heading to Portland permanently later in the year! For now I'll just dream up cozy rainy day outfits.

1. Wool Mix Wide Cable Scarf

I love thick fluffy scarves, and I seem to be going through a neon yellow/lime phase, so this scarf is right up my alley and would be perfect to protect me from the breeze on rainy days.


2. Roars and Stripes Sweater

You don't know this about me yet, but once I start putting more outfits up, you'll realize that I LOVE tigers. I was SO THRILLED when this tiger fashion trend popped up! I basically bought all things tiger and haven't stopped since! This tiger looks really warm and so cute!


3. Better Shake Up Pants

I'm not a huge fan of pants in general. I have to wear them a lot for work and it's a pain because we all know there is rarely a "perfect" pair of pants that will just sit exactly where you want them to without you having to pull on the waist all the time! It's even worse when it's cold outside and lower waisted pants leave your lower back cold whenever you move the wrong way! I think these high-waisted pants would solve that issue. They also look stretchy so comfort wouldn't be a problem either!


4. Landmarks that I Love Backpack

I don't know about you, but for me, rainy weather is backpack weather! I like sporting a backpack in lieu of a purse every now and then. I don't like taking purses where they may get dirty or scuffed, so a backpack is great for less than perfect weather, and this one from Modcloth is so cute and a great color!


5. Watercolor Workshop Top

I've been lusting after this top for so long! I'm only worried it won't fit, which is why I haven't snatch it up yet. I love stripes and I love the cut of the shirt itself. The colors also seem a perfect fit for gloomy weather.


6. Rain, Rain Grow Away

My confession is that I've never been a big fan of the classic rain boot. I remember having a pair in elementary school, and not understanding the concept of having to switch out while indoors. I was stuck in those clunky things throughout the day and still managed to get my socks wet! Granted I was (am) a clumsy kid, and probably splashed in too many deep puddles! These shoes are definitely more up my alley. I love the pattern and the slight transparency. And these seem to take away the necessity to switch out boots when they're functional as regular boots!


7. I Heart Umbrellas

Can't go out in the rainy day without your cute umbrella! I think one of my favorite patterns is hearts so I loved this umbrella as soon as I saw them. Plus a transparent umbrella has always been preferred because it doesn't put a dark shadow over you while you're out like other material might.


8. Black Convertor Gloves

Converter gloves are nice because they warm my hands, but I can still get around without the limiting thickness of fingers when I need to.


9. Cat Face Beanie

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory, but a hat with a cat on it? I'm sold!


Last but not least: Parka with Zip Details

No warm outfit is complete without a coat. This parka from ASOS is unbelievably cool! I love all the geometry of it! So many lines and angles! Plus I'm a sucker for buckles (useless or otherwise). This would be great for a rainy day or any day really. I love it so much!!



Hopefully I'll get the hang of setting up posts ahead of time and juggling work. I'd like to try and set up posts for updates that are earlier in the day. Have a lovely evening!

No comments :

Post a Comment