SLIDER

Kung Hei Fat Choy!: Los Angeles Golden Dragon Parade

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Yesterday my boyfriend and I headed out to Chinatown for the Los Angeles Golden Dragon Parade to check out the festivities of the Lunar New Year. I want to take in as many LA specific activities this year before I move out of the city, and he's lived in LA all his life, Chinatown was one of his major hangouts, and he had never been to a New Year celebration! It was really noisy and colorful! Not a second went by without hearing bang-snaps or poppers going off!



I have to admit, I really enjoyed the confetti flying everywhere, even if it always seemed to find its way into my shirt! After walking around for a while, we found an empty spot to park it and watch the parade go by.


>
The parade was a colorful feast for the eyes (aside from the Wal-Mart truck that drove through *coughtackycough*) and we had a good time over all. I'd definitely be interested in doing something similar next year, if I'm not in the city. Hopefully by that time, I'll have learned a thing or two about photo composition. ;)
Happy Lunar New Year to all! I hope you all have a lovely day, and an excellent year of the Horse!


All photos of me were taken by boyfriend, Boun Prasert

No comments :

Post a Comment