SLIDER

Introductions

Monday, January 20, 2014

Hello GIF
Hello! My name is Jessie, and welcome to my blog! I've been wanting to make a blog for almost five years now. I've tried a few times in the past, but they didn't work out for various reasons. But now I'm feeling more determined to successfully post and document my life.

In the past couple of years I've really grown and stepped out of my shell and realized I haven't really documented much of anything at all. I'm more comfortable and self-actualized than I have been in years, and I have no real record of how I got to this point in my life! I thought it was a real shame.

I could have started this blog earlier. I put it off again and again. "No one will care." "No one will want to read that." "I don't know what I'm doing." "I'm not good enough at this/that." I was finally led to the realization that I care, and I will want to come back and read this at some point, and see the progress I've made. Maybe I will never know what I'm doing, but I have to do it anyway, otherwise I'll never figure anything out! And I'll never be good enough at anything, but I view that as a positive thing now. Not being good enough means I'm still able to improve upon myself and my work and push my boundaries! The best part of being a creator is seeing your improvement. But to reach a point where I feel "good enough" is to reach a point where there is no more progression.

So I've created this space to showcase bits of my art portfolio, and to showcase a bit of myself as well. I wanted a space to document all the leaps and bounds I take every day, even if they're itty bitty little ones. You'll find illustrations, fashion, comics (usually autobiographical in nature) and general lifestyle posts. I have some big plans for this blog, so stay tuned!

2 comments :

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I love your illustrations! I cant wwait to see more stuff from ya :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to a long and happy blogging life! :)

    ReplyDelete