SLIDER

Portland 03/02/14 | Belmont and Beyond

Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Our first Sunday in Portland was spent in Belmont District for the most part. Both my brother and I fell in love with the atmosphere and character of the district. Everything had personality and it was a beautiful area on top of that. We walked around for hours in the drizzle just enjoying all the sights and street art. We unanimously agreed that Belmont District was definitely our favorite spot in Portland!

Everything was so colorful and green. We couldn't help ourselves from weaving through residential areas and I even dragged my brother through the historical cemetery in the area. I've never been able to walk through an historical cemetery before, the ones by me are all modern and plain, so it was nice to find one with character and interesting headstones.

After hours of walking around, we headed back to the area where our host's home was and walked around the little main street there. It was pretty sparce, but had its own personality that was pretty cute! Plus we found a great cafe called Posie's which had the best coffee I had during my entire trip, and a freshly made pineapple danish that beats every other danish I've had in my life!
Yes, it was absolutely worth all three photos! (Plus my brother can be a little cutie so I had to post his pic too!)

Anyway, I didn't realize how image heavy this post would be since I cut down the images to less than a third of what I actually shot that day! Crazy! Is that a pain? Is it better to hide a chunk of photos behind a "read more"? Or is it less likely that you'd read the post if it's behind one? Being relatively new to blogging in general, I'm not sure what is best for posting/viewing. Also, does anyone know how to get all shortcut images to be the same width on the page? I use the blogger general format for shortcutting the images, but I don't really like how the taller images are sized with a smaller width. If you have any idea on how to help out, I'd really appreciate it!

My back is pretty messed up right now so I've basically had to lay down for 2 days straight. I can't do anything that even requires me to sit up, so photo-editing seems like the perfect way to pass the time. Hopefully that means I can get more posts from my trip up sooner and organize them in a more view-friendly way.

Until next time!

Jessie xxoo

2 comments :

  1. It makes me wish I visited places in Portland instead of passing right through. I personally love lots of photos but I think people generally like it spread out in different posts rather than "read more". Apparently people don't bother clicking on it.. which seems silly!

    I upload images, grab the url and just do the code myself.. Adding width=""> to the code will resize it. I know there's a code you can use that could automatically resize them if you upload onto Blogger but it doesn't always work with all templates. I'll have to dig that one up :D

    Hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post AND the photos! I hate "read more" links because I feel like it's such a pain, la, our 21st Century Spoiledness! I especially love the "Dick squad" graffiti! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete